Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Washington DC

So I have officially begun my Fulbright journey. As I type this I am flying at 33,000 feet to Washington DC for the predeparture orientation. I'll be there for five days, three of which will be spent listening in on what exactly it is that we are supposed to do. After that I will spend some time with a good friend and ring in the 4th in style in the capital city. The only thing I am not looking forward to is the heat and humidity, but I guess I should get used to the humidity at least. Today in Guiyang it is 71 degrees and there are some nice thunder and lightning storms on the horizon. On another note, I purchased my ticket to Beijing the other day. Got a smokin' deal on a Continental flight out of Newark; only $699 one way. Its lucky that I am a flight attendant or I would have had to fly out of Seattle where the ticket prices were much higher. I will post again after the orientation, we are on descent and the inflight wireless will shut down soon. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment